• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Must Insert SD Card message on Droid X

Ok, I either get this message, or one telling me the SD card is missing, when in fact it's not. I've done a battery pull to remedy the situation, but doing a battery pull every time I want to use the camera seems a little unreasonable...:D

Can anyone help this noobie out? Otherwise, love the phone-my Droid X is probably the best I've ever owned....

cheers,
Steve in So Cal

So a battery pull fixes it temporarly? Then you get the message again?

Sounds to me like a defective phone. It's not reading the SD card.
Just take it back to Verizon and they shouldn't give you a hard time about swapping it out once they see the message.

Ok, thanks for the info guys...one problem is that the issue is intermittent. Yesterday it happened several times, today not at all...

Cheers,

Steve

Upvote 0
I initially got this error message when I upgraded from the "Droid" w a 16GB SD card to the Droid 'X" with only a 2GB. Silly me thought I could just swap cards....but no....I had to to copy all files from both cards to a PC, then I clear each card from the PC put it in the phone I wanted it...(the 16GB is now in the "X") and then reformatted the SD card...just to be safe since I read a similar issue on the forum in another area. Once this was done I dragged the items from the old floderes into the the new folder on the phone...so far everything works great and dumped some extra garbage. The error was that I couldn't do the media share because the phone would mount due to not being able to twell the 16GB card was properly inserted into the phone. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones