• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories My 2 new audio accessory purchases

B360155

Jan 13, 2011
North Richland Hills, TX
I recently bought 2 new audio accessories for my Droid X. I got a Motorola EQ7 external speaker made by JBL and a Motorola T505 bluetooth car speakerphone and FM modulator and am very pleased with both purchases.

For an external bluetooth speaker, I was deciding between the EQ5 and the EQ7. The EQ5 is more portable and smaller while the EQ7 is about 6 inches square and about 2.5 lbs. It can be used plugged into a wall outlet for power or can run on four AA batteries. Pairs very easily with the DX, bluetooth range is very good and the speaker produces very good sounding audio and volume levels. Paired with the DX, it's kind of like having a very portable boom box. It can also be used as a speaker phone for conference calls and also comes with an audio plug that can be wired from the DX earphone jack to the speaker.

The T505 has been a very pleasant surprise. I had my reservations about going the FM modulator route, but figured for the price it was worth a try. The unit is quite small but sturdy and clips to your sun visor in your car. It has an internal speaker and microphone for hands free calling or you can turn on the FM modulator to play the audio on your car stereo system. Once again, it paired easily with the DX and found FM frequencies that allowed car audio sound that is excellent. It has an internal rechargeable battery and comes with a car charger (mini usb), but I've been charging mine at home (with a previously aquired AC wall outlet charging cord). And people that I've talked to using the hands free calling feature have said the sound is very good, better than my Motorola H710 bluetooth earphone. You can use it with anything that produces audio on your DX...I use it for phone calls, MP3, Pandora and even Slingbox (TV broadcasts). Very cool!

Each unit can be found online in the $40 to $50 range. If anybody wants any further information, let me know.

Reactions: NCTurner

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones