• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Camera Button is Buggered?

I noticed while trying to put my phone into download mode that my camera button appears to be remapped or buggered in some way. The phone would simply never go into download mode (vol down/camera/end) and would, instead, just boot up like normal. I thought that the battery was too low or something of that sort, so I let the phone boot up and just tried to use each button to see how they would go. Volume down and end worked fine, but when I push camera, instead of actually taking a picture, the camera button seems to:

1) Adjust the volume up and down
2) Go to my contacts list
3) Dial the contact at the top of the list

While I'm sure I could talk to my local Mazda dealer about _something_, I can actually call them on my own just fine without the help of my camera button. But, what's worse is that I'm sure the camera button's remapping (or whatever) is what's causing me difficulties getting this thing into download mode.

Anyone seen this before?

Wow.. more problems on that front... I got it into recovery mode, but the touchpad isn't working, so I can't get into the system options or anything... uugh..

Is there some sort of hard reset that I can do on this? I'm not sure why all of my buttons are jacked up like this. The camera button worked fine as of about a week ago as did the touchpad, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones