• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my compendium of issues

305Cane

Oct 13, 2009
- Mobile data randomly shuts itself off. for no reason. you must restart to get it back. Also randomly came back once.

- Alarms are not working. Period. You set them, make sure they work, then the next night they dont go off and you are late to work. biggest issue

- Notification bar doesnt work sometimes. Required a reset to access it. Inexcusable.

-also, im curious why my chompsms has changed its name to com.p1.chompsms

I came from a palm pre and though the hero has vastly superior hardware, the software is leaving much to be desired. All these issues occur without me canceling one process with taskiller. I also use chompsms to save battery from the message bug. the alarm not going off is a pretty big deal breaker for me. Im pissed to the point of wanting to return it, but i dont make rash decisions and want to give this phone a chance.

anyone have any input?

I can solve your alarm issue. It is one of two things, both of which I know the solution to.
a. If the alarm is going off, but you dont hear any sound, click on the alarm and click on the option to change the alarm sound. While in the list of alarm sound choices, raise the volume rocker bar. It should show "Alarm Volume" and you can set it to however loud you want it.
b. If the alarm just straight up doesnt work, it was probably at some point killed with a task killer and never reopened. If the clock app is killed, none of the set alarms will go off until after the next time you open it again (assuming you dont kill it again after you open it).

But all the other issues I also have, such as the mobile data dropping and the notifications bar sometimes not working.

Upvote 0
the alarm worked yesterday and i touched nothing on the alarm settings or the task. It did not work the day before as well as this morning and i woke up late both days.

Being that the notification bar and the data both stop working for no reason, its not a leap to assume other settings on the phone do the same thing, in this instance the alarm settings.

Upvote 0
If you've really not done anything as far as manual task killing (I've seen this causing nothing but problems from people killing things just because they don't know what they are. If you don't know, DON'T TOUCH IT!), it sounds like it may be a defective unit. I've had none of the issues you describe.

yea i dont kill just anything. i kill yellows like sprint TV and other innocuous stuff. i read up a lot on the community before i messed with anything

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones