• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Droid is running at 1GHZ

Why don't you just flash the Beast. They're the same ROM except that with the Beast, Pete did all the overclock and wifi work for you.

That is a good point :) I just have been using this one so I wanted to stay with it.

I did figure out that this wifi fix worked though if anyone was wondering also.
http://androidforums.com/308488-post261.html

Upvote 0
Why don't you just flash the Beast. They're the same ROM except that with the Beast, Pete did all the overclock and wifi work for you.

I was thinking the same thing but then I thought that if I used Beauty I could control the overclock. Maybe you can do the same thing with Bugless Beast but I wanted to have different options to use with overclocking. You can control the overclock with SetCPU but you can't remove it if you are using Beast...correct?

I'm all set at 1GHz and don't plan on changing so it doesn't matter for me but some people might want more control (which is why I thought he made Beauty in the first place).

Upvote 0
I was thinking the same thing but then I thought that if I used Beauty I could control the overclock. Maybe you can do the same thing with Bugless Beast but I wanted to have different options to use with overclocking. You can control the overclock with SetCPU but you can't remove it if you are using Beast...correct?

I'm all set at 1GHz and don't plan on changing so it doesn't matter for me but some people might want more control (which is why I thought he made Beauty in the first place).

Beast's kernel comes with the following steppings: 125/250/550/800/950

So you can run it at any of those frequencies, or mix it up with profiles. With SetCPU you could run Beast at 550/250 (default) and it would be the exact same as the Beauty (of course w/ the added benefit of Wifi tether).

Upvote 0

Pete made the beauty series before people started overclocking. The beast is so that people can have all in one, the beauty continues in case you don't want to o/c or want to o/c to something else (1.1, 800, whatever).

You can still use set CPU to control the steps in the beast.

Upvote 0
Beast's kernel comes with the following steppings: 125/250/550/800/950

So you can run it at any of those frequencies, or mix it up with profiles. With SetCPU you could run Beast at 550/250 (default) and it would be the exact same as the Beauty (of course w/ the added benefit of Wifi tether).

Good to know. So I guess people that are struggling just to root and flash a rom would be better served with Beast. I like screwing with my phone entirely too much to have it be that easy :D

Seriously...who doesn't love recovery console, and patching extra files for WiFi?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones