• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Evo is here and after a day review

Ok. Already had a battery fully charged so I can test this evo. I was quite surprised to get about 8 hours of medium to heavy at times usage. I am finding that after I have used the generic battery and started to use the original that it lasts longer. I have the build 3 phone. From a whole day of messing with this phone, here are my pros and cons.

Cons:
1. I absolutely do not like that the SD card is behind the battery.
2. I'm not crazy about the power button being where it is.
3. Some of the games look a little too grain. I love the game robo defense and it looks washed out on the evo.
4. I wish we had a really nice gallery, like some of the ones I've seen on the custom roms.

Pros:

1. Battery life better than I expected. Even with a generic battery I got about 8 hours. I'm impressed.
2. I love the keyboard. Love it even more in landscape mode.
3. Using the stock internet explorer, I love the way it renders and fixes the text just right when you double tap.
4. I thought the size of the phone would bug me because i loved the size of the Hero but I am happy with he bigger screen.

I'm sure I will love this phone much more once i root it. For now, it's nearly flawless.

For those of you still waiting on BB or RS to get your phones, why not call up Sprint and order it if you can wait for the rebate.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones