• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My friend wiped her s7 how can I fix it

What is the model I.D. of her S7? Are you sure you're using the appropriate ROM for her model? It sounds like it's the incorrect ROM.
ROMs are very model specific, they are not interchangeable. Every phone model has a different, internal hardware configuration and ROMs are made to match up up with that specific hardware. If you didn't flash the correct ROM, there's a software <> hardware mismatch. In some cases the device will still boot up with an incorrect ROM, but it will be running in an unstable state and/or some features just won't work (no or wrong supporting software/driver), Or it might be a matter where the device is soft-bricked and just won't boot.
Try going here:
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?q=GALAXY+S7&exact=1&r=&v=&rpp=100
select and download the ROM that matches the country and carrier she's using, and try flashing it again.
Also note that flashing a stock, Samsung ROM will also replace TWRP with a stock Recovery.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I you need to reflash the official formware make sure to do a little research beforehand. For instance, is your firmware is aboot 5 and you flash a lower firmware with an aboot. 4 you will have a fail in Odin and your stock recovery will probably show something like

Error sw rev check fail: [aboot] fused 5> binary 4
[1]eMMC write fail:ABOOT

XDA for your specific phone and carrier and search a bit. You can always go from a lower aboot to a higher aboot (update) but gener speaking not down grade. Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones