• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my GALAXY S3 not detected on PC

Hi again nytmare, o.k. round three! Follow the link and download the drivers to your desktop, extract them, again to the desktop. Navigate to the screenshot you posted, right click on the "Intel USB 3.0 eXTensible Host Controller", select "Properties", and check the driver version, if it numbered earlier than 1.0.9.254, click on update driver and select "Browse my computer for driver software" and point it to the folder you have unzipped, it should? load the new drivers, if it does reboot the computer. Phil
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/De....0+eXtensible+Host+Controller+Driver&lang=eng

Reactions: nytmare
Upvote 0
Hi again nytmare, o.k. round three! Follow the link and download the drivers to your desktop, extract them, again to the desktop. Navigate to the screenshot you posted, right click on the "Intel USB 3.0 eXTensible Host Controller", select "Properties", and check the driver version, if it numbered earlier than 1.0.9.254, click on update driver and select "Browse my computer for driver software" and point it to the folder you have unzipped, it should? load the new drivers, if it does reboot the computer. Phil
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/De....0+eXtensible+Host+Controller+Driver&lang=eng

Good evening philayl. I checked the driver version for "Intel USB 3.0 eXTensible Host Controller" and it's 6.2.9200.16656 (dated 6/28/2013). Looks like it's not earlier than 1.0.9.254?

Upvote 0
Good evening philayl. I checked the driver version for "Intel USB 3.0 eXTensible Host Controller" and it's 6.2.9200.16656 (dated 6/28/2013). Looks like it's not earlier than 1.0.9.254?
Hi nytmare, I'm afraid I have just about exhausted my meagre knowledge, if I can think of anything else I will re-post. Phil

Reactions: nytmare
Upvote 0
Hi nytmare, I'm afraid I have just about exhausted my meagre knowledge, if I can think of anything else I will re-post. Phil

Understood and I appreciate your efforts. I dunno what the problem is with damn thing. I still think this maybe a cable issue, but... I've tried the original cable (which worked intermitantly with my previous laptop), a data cable from one of my cameras that still works with it just fine (and on my new laptop BTW), and I recently purchased a Monster micro usb data cable from BestBuy and it's not working either. Don't know what I'm gonna do.

I wonder if I can do what I want (easily transfer files back and forth btwn my phone and laptop) with AirDroid or ES File Explorer File Manager and just not worry about the cable issue? I'll have to research, but I also wonder if it's possible to root a phone with either of those apps (vice being tethered to a laptop).

Another thought... I might dig out my desktop and see if I can get a connection with it. It's running Windows XP and has a bunch of 2.0 USB ports. Hmmm...

Upvote 0
I hate breathing life into an old thread, but I'm still not able to get my laptop to recognize my s3 in Windows Explorer. However, I've still not given up.

Here's a new development... Since updating to 4.3, I've noticed something on my lockscreen that I've not seen before. There was a scrolling message just above my pattern lock that reads, "unlock your device to use as a media device". This scrolling message only presents itself when I have my S3 connected via USB. I can't find anything on the net about that specific message (but still searching). What does/could that mean in our efforts to get our Windows 8 PCs to see our phones in Window Explorer? BTW, I don't recall seeing that message prior to updating to 4.3. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones