• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Galaxy S8 battery life (upload your screenshots here)

GamerCore

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
California
twitter.com
My Galaxy S8 (small) arrived last night, so today will be my first full day using it. For anyone curious to see how the device performs in terms of battery life, here's what I'm getting so far:

galaxy s8 battery Screenshot_20170420-143432.png galaxy s8 battery Screenshot_20170420-143422.png

I unplugged my S8 at 9AM, and it's now 2:30. It's pretty much on par with what I'd expect from a 3,000mAh phone, especially considering I've already hit almost 2 hours of screen on time. Not the best, but certainly not the worst.

It's now a little after 6PM and the Galaxy S8 is hovering around 35% and 3 hours of screen-on-time. At this rate, I think I'll be lucky to squeeze another hour of SoT before this thing hits 15%. Normally, I'd be charging my phone at anything below 40%, but I'll leave it alone a little longer for testing purposes.

Screenshot_20170420-181558.png Screenshot_20170420-181617.png

Okay, so I finally hit the critical15% battery mark, and that's where this test comes to an end. After about 12 hours of use -- 4 1/2 hours of screen on time -- the phone was ready to be plugged in.

full day galaxy s8 batteryScreenshot_20170420-204835.png full day galaxy s8 batteryScreenshot_20170420-204905.png
If I had to call it, I'd say most folks should expect at the very least to hit these numbers, as my general use tends to be a little heavier than most. Nothing crazy, I just frequently text, browse Reddit, watch YouTube videos, and so forth.

Battery life on the Galaxy S8 pretty much falls in line with most other 3,000mAh devices, but devices like the Moto G5 Plus still have better stamina (thanks to the more battery friendly Snapdragon 625 processor). This could well change over the course of time, so I'll be sure to update this post again 3 months down the road.

Upload screenshots and share your own battery life experiences in this thread!

Last edited:
I don't know if this is true but for some reason I seem to remember that new phone batteries appeared to get slightly better performance after numerous charge cycles. If so, you're right out of the box charge may not be the best of review periods. Definitely report back to us after to see if you notice it get better at all. If it gets worse, make sure not to tell us about it. :mad: :D

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is true but for some reason I seem to remember that new phone batteries appeared to get slightly better performance after numerous charge cycles. If so, you're right out of the box charge may not be the best of review periods. Definitely report back to us after to see if you notice it get better at all. If it gets worse, make sure not to tell us about it.

Hahaha. Yeah, I'll have to report back a week from now too and update the post. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones