• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Juice Defender with Epic

that feature is stock & the phone is preset that way already...

Well, it seems as though (according to BatteryHistory) my wi-fi was on 100% of the time, but not necessarily running (connected) whenever I had it enabled without the help of UltimateJuice. And I want the radio to actually be of, rather than just disconnecting. And...I want this to be done automatically. Unless I am missing something? Please tell me if I am.

Upvote 0
Dave u only need the free version.. set it how u want it (as much as u can with the free version) use the toggle widget to cut Data on/off/or let Juice defender do it automatically & there u hav it.. simple as that... its so not kool when we hav posters with confusing &/or wrong info...
Thanks for the info. Sorry for confusion , but are you saying that free JD has a widget that turns off data radios, or to get the SwitchPro as suggested? My JD widget does not have a manual toggle widget, unless it is on the "beta" version, or I cant find it. The widget I have only gives the battery multiplier.

Upvote 0
thought i'd share one more time...before i put this baby (non-rooted) on the charger, with light use, it's been 30+ hours with 34% battery life left.

snap20101013_155630.png

snap20101013_155717.png

Upvote 0
Ok, so I've had my Epic for a week now, and feel SOOOO slow when it comes to all that I can do with this. This is my first REAL smartphone and touchscreen, so its like culture shock for me. I have found a few answers to questions I had for the phone just by searching, but I've come to an issue that I can't find an answer for, and it seems like I can do what I want, and improve battery life at the same time after reading this, which would be great. But I'm not quite sure even after reading every posting on this thread, that I understand how it can be done. Please help!

I was interrupted 6-8 times during the night last night with email updates. I have two email accounts on my phone - hotmail & gmail. It was hotmail that is my primary & keeps going off with senseless junk email that I can't get rid of (a problem in and of itself - different day, different forum). So I would like to be able to set the phone to update the email only during say, 7 am & 10 pm, so that I don't get the notification at 3 am that sally wants me to join her on a video chat.

At the same time, my battery life is average - I get about 10 hours of good battery life, with all stock settings - nothing extra installed to save or improve battery life. I haven't even messed with the stock epic battery use widget. Just after reading this I DID go in and change my WiFi settings to sleep never, so that when I'm at work and home, I can work off the wifi networks, not 3G (because that saves some battery, right?). Question about this though - while working on WiFi - does it still enable me to do all that it does on 3G normally - like synch and update emails, facebook, phone calls, etc? Remember - I'm a techy r e t a r d and don't know much about this advanced rock I hold in my hand. (you can't use that word, really?!!?? WOW)

So the end result question would be this - can I install an app or use a stock feature that would basically turn off everything on the phone but phone calls (and maybe texts) at night? :thinking:

Also - I love your widgets badankles!!! Can you tell me what the time/weather widget is?

Upvote 0
yea I looked for that, and found it on the market, but it didnt show me any screen shots with the animated sun guy...wouldn't want just a regular sun/moon, so I didn't buy it cuz I want to confirm its available first... I couldn't find any screenshots like that anywhere else either. Sorry if I seem like I'm biting your style, but I am - too cute :D

Upvote 0
Hey all,

JD worked for me - increased battery life by about 33%. HOWEVER, the fact that the 3G was dropped out for 15 minutes at a time made my push email (K9) not so instant... I don't like that.

SO, I may give it another shot. Do you think it would still save some juice if 3Gdata was always enabled?

Later,

Matt!

Upvote 0
@Tarra, what you saw from market for Beautiful Widgets is default clock/weather skins. once you purchases and installed it, you have option to download additional clock and weather skins, where you can mix-and-match.

@Tarra, you can do all that you want either manually or with help from third-party apps. a couple of things i know of that cannot be done with WiFi only are MMS and Sprint TV (and Media Hub, i think). as noted in this thread (post #22) and other threads, you can use SwitchPro to manually manage. to have something automatically manage and at the level you wanted, i can only recommend J/D plus Ultimate Juice.

you have to be careful because if J/D is not configured correctly than it could be more frustrating than help. good luck.

@KillerQ97, i'm not 100% sure, but with the Ultimate Juice add-on to J/D, you can add your K9 to the Apps/Configured apps list to tell J/D you want it to force data access for K9.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones