• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Moto X Play was rooted

xNilla

Lurker
Aug 29, 2017
Okay, so long story short... a crazy person from another country somehow rooted my phone without realizing it until now. I am not a tech smart person (obviously) and I have no idea what to do, she also rooted every other phone is the house where I am at but this phone is my work phone and my emails and phone number have been all compromised. This crazy human had the IP address and details to the modem and did a bunch of stuff to pretty much everything that can be plugged in and accessed through NFC/Bluetooth. Sounds crazy, I know. But again, I'm a bit slow with the tech side of life and I'm sure technology hates me. My mic was disabled and when I turn my phone on the keys to unlock my phone wont even load, it just says with layers to speak to google, I try to push the icon to speak and it doesn't even recognize that I am touching my screen even though I can use it for emergency calls. I have tried to hard reset my phone many times but has completely different information. I have a Motorola X Play XT1563 but this says Samsung.
I'll type out exactly what it says and try to upload a picture if I can.

" AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
BL: 80.EF (sha-f107a29, 2016-12-15 03:12:17)
Baseband: M8936_2020632.44.03.21.57R LUX_RETCA_CUST
Product/Variant: lux XT1653 16GB P2C
Serial Number: ZY222TPRM5
CPU: MSM8939
eMMC: 16GB Samsung RV=07 PV=01 TY=57
RAM: 2048MB Samsung S8 SDRAM DIE=4Gb
Console: (NULL): null
Battery OK
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0
Software status: Official
Connect USB Data Cable"

The options it gave me are
"START
RESTART BOOTLOADER
RECOVERY MODE
POWER OFF
FACTORY MODE
BARCODES
BP TOOLS
QCOM
BOOTLOADER LOGS"

This is pretty much a new language to me so anyone who speaks it, I would truly be thankful for some enlightenment. I am losing my mind not being in control of my own devices.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones