• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Note 2 keeps "using" the back button??

I've had my Note 2 for a few months and absolutely love the thing. Only thing I find going wrong is that at least once or twice a day it "uses" the back button about 50 times in a rapid session. I don't know why it does this but it annoys me when I'm using an application or something. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I'd greatly appreciate the help. I just want this one flaw fixed and it'll be perfect again. :)

First lets make sure its not a hardware failure. Reboot your phone in Safe Mode and see if the back button still has an issue. If it doesn't, then there's an app that is causing this. However, if the issue is persistent, I would lean towards defective back button.

To boot into safe mode, press and hold the Volume up and down and power buttons all at the same time. Continue pressing down on them until you see Safe Mode on the bottom left side of the screen.

Do you have a screen protector on it? Maybe there's something on it that is triggering the button.

Upvote 0
Okay, so it worked fine in safe mode, but the moment you booted back to normal it started happening again?

It's hard to say as it's quite possible that the app that was responsible for this could have left residual files that are now causing the issue. The only way to be certain would be to perform a hard reset back to factory defaults. Then test to see if there are any issues. If it still persists, then it's certain that it is defective hardware.

Do you have warranty? If so, contact Samsung about it.

Edit: forgot to mention that you should backup important data first. Since a hard reset back to factory defaults will wipe the internal storage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones