• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MY OCEAN: Coming out in April (Freemium)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Gamesharq- Yes we will be doing beta tests for both Iphone and Android phones and pads/tablets. :)

Raynoldsk- Sorry what is IOW?? Anyway, one account gurantees users can play My Ocean with any devices we already support seamlessly.:cool:

Ninja_reject- Sorry, the only whales we will have will be whale sharks (along with a bunch of other sharks). But who's to say what we might add later. I'll put in a word for whales with the boss. :D

Upvote 0
I don't see anything about that on the website, Twitter or Facebook page.

I see nothing on the official website.

The last Tweet I see is from July 6 and says "Hi! Sorry no Tweets for a while. It looks like we are still on target for the Open Beta next month and a game release in September! :)"

The last update on Facebook I see is also from July 6 and says "Hey guys! As of now we are still on target for a World Wide Beta sometime in August (just next month!) and the international release of MY OCEAN by the end of September! Stay tuned for more information! :)"

Upvote 0
I don't see anything about that on the website, Twitter or Facebook page.

I see nothing on the official website.

The last Tweet I see is from July 6 and says "Hi! Sorry no Tweets for a while. It looks like we are still on target for the Open Beta next month and a game release in September! :)"

The last update on Facebook I see is also from July 6 and says "Hey guys! As of now we are still on target for a World Wide Beta sometime in August (just next month!) and the international release of MY OCEAN by the end of September! Stay tuned for more information! :)"

?????
Uhh, it's right there (in bold)... Maybe the beta wasn't public, and the PR team isn't big in releasing any info right now..

Upvote 0
?????
Uhh, it's right there (in bold)... Maybe the beta wasn't public, and the PR team isn't big in releasing any info right now..

Uhh...are you dense?

He said they were "on target" to do it in August. That was 2 months ago. Nowhere on the site does it confirm that the beta has started or that the September release date is definite.

They also said it would be released in April but that obviously changed.

As far as doing an open beta, if you scroll up, Nick clearly said that he would notify us when the beta starts.

Upvote 0
Uhhh, no... You've got to be kidding me!

Sure, he said that two months ago, but just because he doesn't give YOU minute-to-minute updates doesn't mean nothing is going on with the game in terms of progress with the beta and release.

Who knows; maybe he didn't want to give us definite dates only to have to keep changing them, again and again (like it seems he has already been doing). And just because he said he would notify you for the beta doesn't mean he was actually going to... Something probably came up, and they already started testing and chose to do it private invite only. Who knows... do you know ANYTHING about game development?? Geez... Have a little patience!

Upvote 0
True that, I once worked for a corporate media company who kept flip-flopping on a lot of their decisions and future planning. Not because they were unsure or weak, but because they wanted to prepare for the best outcome possible for the product they represented. I'd say some things are worth the wait. Maybe this is one of them, judging by the graphics and hyped-up gameplay PR.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones