• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My only Android strategy game obcession, Age of Strategy

Petrol

Lurker
May 26, 2020
I am an old school strategy and war game head. I actually played as a child on the old complex board war games with paper tables and data sheets, dice, and incredibly complicated rules, procedures, and protocols. I got my 1st PC. in 1982, I believe it was a TRASH80 (TRS 80) built and sold by Radio Shack. I continued to update and upgrade from an IBM 286 to present and became a A+CompTia Certified Computer Technician (Hardware and Software certs). blah blah blah ...so anyway my favorite entrainment and recreational activity on the PC was strategy gaming. More specifically, war based games , with which, among various other traits , a high degree of replayability was present. I looked for those sometimes rare games that had all the elements to become an obsession, an up for 36 continuous hours and still saying "just one more turn" or "i am stopping at 11pm" but can't type game. A number of games became obsessions over the years. probably led by a few all time favorites like the Civilization series, Starcraft, Total Anihilation, Rise of Nations , Age of Empires, titles in the Total War games line, and so forth. when mobile phones. became platforms for games along with everything else they are now capable of, I was always looking for an Android based strategy war game that was "an obcession". There were a couple that almost had the attributes to become obsession level games but lacked that indefinable replayability factor that made a person fill notebooks with info, knowledge, important tables etc or start leagues or clans or club's based on the games intricacies. I never quite found the holy grail of mobile strategy games that matched a PC game favorite in quality or obcessional level play,
until recently that is! My purpose here is to simply tout and turn you all on to my first Android strategy game obvession.

The game is called "Age of Strategy" From Zero Touch Group development studio. for now a copy of info on it's Play store page will describe it :

-----------------------------------------------------

Turn based Strategy Game with >280 maps, >150 unit types, with multiplayer!

Age of Strategy is a free turn based Strategy Game set in the Age of Empires and knights, vikings and samurais, winged hussars and Templars and many more!
Loads of campaigns, skirmishes and multiplayer games are waiting for you!

NOT a pay to win game! The in-app payment option is for donations only.
The game is a retro-like 8-bit game, so it is not pretty and it has no fancy animations. This is a pure gameplay-oriented turn based strategy.

***FEATURES***
- More than 280 Campaign maps to pass (Historical ones too! eg: Battle of Troy and so on)
- More than 90 Skirmish maps to
fight on
- More than 200 units and buildings
- More than 50 technologies to invent
- Rewarding system: Collecting stars on each map (Based on your performance) will grant you gems used for unlocking new troops or buildings!
- Spell Upgrades: Do you find a map too hard? You can ease the difficulty with various spells that can be bought with gems! (Used on consumption)
- Battle against AI on skirmish maps like in classic strategy games!
- Battle against or with real players worldwide!
- Design your own maps with the Map Editor feature! (Still in Beta)
- Achievement system to make your experience more enjoyable!
- A friend list! Go out there and meet new people!
- Upgrades section containing hundreds of new units, technologies and buildings openable with gems (Including some fun units)!

***UNIT REQUESTS***

There are many requests for new and unique units (eg. historical heroes), I am pretty open to this since it's pretty easy to implement a new unit. Please join the

forum, post there the idea and i will make it!
------------------------------------------------------

Note the developers interaction with players, and it's not just talk. This is basically a game totally made by one developer but with constant input from the large players community. His personal interaction with and suggestion taking style is amazing.

I Began playing AoS after trying a dozen other strategy war android games. 90% of the other games were either poorly developed and thought out or were just lame and boring to play. As soon I opened the cleanly installed AoS game I saw a fully developed concept and execution of a true wargamers game . Right from the main menu with numerous campaigns, battle types, single or multilayer scenarios and even a great tutorial campaign series that not only taught the game play basics but strategy. ITS AGreat game, it's my only android strategy game obcession. I will review the game play thoroughly at some point but this is a tout and shout. You should really try this game.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones