• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My personal experience of the D3 in the one day I've had it

I would take it to the STORE so the manager can SEE it. They can swap it for you there. You want to be sure you get a NEW DEVICE not a CLN.

If you call, tell them you JUST received your phone yesterday and out of the box you have a dead pixel and for the price of the phone, that is unacceptable.

But i'd rather go to the store than call.

Don't fluff it at all. Be honest.

Upvote 0
How much better is this phone over the charge? I have the charge and I cant keep signal to save my life. Verizon said they will let me switch into a 3g phone at no charge but I dont wanna lose the extra $100 I spent on the charge. but at this point I cant stand not having service.

Wayyyyyyyy better. It has little glitches but after what I went thru with the charge this is freaking perfect. I personally don't lose g service and the battery life is way better.

BUT I got the charge for 129 and this phone is like 199 now with a new contract. So I wouldn't have done it if I were losing that much.That's my suggestion. But I am happy now

Upvote 0
2. BOOTING UP:do you get a RRRRING RRRRRING too? I can't figure out what is causing that! LOL

I think what you're hearing is your two memory devices (internal and SD card) mounting to the system. Dunno if you can silence it, but it's only at startup anyway. And I think connecting and disconnecting by USB to a computer as "USB Mass Storage".

Can't help much with the stuck pixel thing. I've heard countless stories over the years about it (on GameBoy Advance, Sony PSP, and Nintendo DS products), but never had one myself except for a notebook computer (which I usually didn't notice anyway, but that is a far bigger screen.)
In the end, they'll probably replace it, though. My first Droid 3 had a bad GPS radio (kept loosing signal a lot), and they changed it out for me (they tried to test my GPS radio in stores, but hard to do in a stationary place. So they just changed it out for me, no charge. Did cost me one of my screen protectors, though.)
Doubt they could blame it on software, but you might want to remove root, if you rooted it. Don't give them any edge, no matter how small or stupid.

Reactions: Shurple
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones