• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Phone Isn't Quite Working With My Computer!

Yeah, it's not completely installing the drivers. It says I need to run the HTCSync.exe or something from the card and I'm not seeing anything like that. Along with not seeing a Root folder or something in which I guess is where I'd put my mp3 ringtone files into, but it's not working!!!

I want my ringtones to show up under the "sounds" section but I had to do it the long way, go into "music" and then hit "set as phone ringtone" but I want to set some notification tones too!

I' using 64-bit Vista.

usb up your phone to your computer and unmount the SD card. whatever drive letter your PC gives your card from within MY Computer, get into it and if you have not formatted your card you should see the htc sync folder on the card.

if you do not see that, then head over to htc's site and grab it.. the version on the card in the EVO i have is older than the one on the HTC site...

Upvote 0
You need to go under your settings to PC Connection and check the box that says disk drive. Then plug it into your computer via usb cable. Then browse your computer for the phone, which will show as a drive. From there you can locate the htc sync file and install it on your computer..just run it from there.

David

Upvote 0
Ok, do I need to have the phone connected while I'm getting it from the site?

Also, when I do this, will I have that "Root" folder or whatever it is and then be able to put my mp3 ring tones in it and have them show up under Sounds?

"ROOT" is not a folder/ "Root" is what you are seeing when you access the SD card. It's a poor term for someone who isn't into linux or DOS. When you go to your "C DRIVE" in Windows and see all the folders listed you are in the "root" directory. When you open your SD card in Windows using a card reader that is the "root" directory as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones