• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone wont boot? (HELP)

uniquex707

Lurker
Jun 26, 2013
So today i was using my phone where all of sudden it turns off and then flash to the samsung screen and goes black then back to the samsung screen! I put it recovery mode but it does the same and back and forward idk whats wrong please help

:Will only stay on the samsung screen for about 2-3sec and black, also i put the phone in recoverymode/download mode and does the same samgung and to the recovery mode and black. I didnt not try to root or anything. its a normal phone.

Did you do anything to the phone before this started. Any system changes or anything, it sounds like you got bootlooped which happens when one messes with the system if they ate rooted. Sometimes in rare cases a bootloop can fix itself if its a simple thing cause as my ex had one not too long ago and it fixed itself later on.

Upvote 0
Did you do anything to the phone before this started. Any system changes or anything, it sounds like you got bootlooped which happens when one messes with the system if they ate rooted. Sometimes in rare cases a bootloop can fix itself if its a simple thing cause as my ex had one not too long ago and it fixed itself later on.

Nope i didnt not do any changed at all, didnt not root the phone nothing, forgot to say it only stay on the samgung screeen for about 2-3sec and black

Upvote 0
Well if you arent rooted them i assume that you also dont have CWM installed. Without cwm installed the best way to recover from your bootloop could be a factory reset. I had a bootloop occur once shortly after i bought the phone and i factory reset the phone and it fixed it. You can also go to the samsung website and get the software update for the phone but you have to make sure its the Metro Admire version. The update is the FF18. This only works if you can get into download mode using your usb cable, computer and camera button. If you go to install CWM then you could just grab a stock backup from here and restore. Unfortunately it doesnt seem like youll be able to save what tou had on your phone before because all these methods erase all that. Thats why we tell people to install cwm and make a backup just for when this stuff happens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones