• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my pictures are gone help!!

Alex7

Lurker
Jul 5, 2011
After i synchronized my music into my phone (HTC desire) from HTC sync I a moment later discovered that almost all my picturs were gone! I dont know how because i didnt synchronized anything from the gallery and that on-off button was off. i cant find the pictures anywhere on my computer and i have no idea where they could have dissapeared an i really want them back please help.

Root is the lowest level of the SD card. This can have files in it, and folders which can contain files or subfolders, and so on.

If you connect the phone to your PC, and select 'Mount as Disk Drive', then you should get a drive appear in My Computer.

Open the drive and you should see subfolders called Android, data, LOST.DIR, DCIM and others. DCIM is where the pictures should be. If you can't see it, it may have somehow been moved. Search within that drive for the DCIM folder.

You could see if it's been corrupted when you were syncing- right click on the drive's icon in My Computer and select Check Drive for Errors (you might have to click Propertoes - Tools to get there, I forget).

Try those and report back

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones