My school email powered by googleSupport

Last Updated:

1. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I got the info for my school email today and it is @my.mcphs.edu "powered by google"....I tried setting up email via imap but it did not work. Is there a specific port, server I have to choose?

Does it matter that it is powered by google?

Advertisement
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Try using port 587 instead of 25. Verizon blocks outbound traffic on 25.

3. gvillager

gvillager Well-Known Member

The gmail app should work just fine. At least it does for me and my domain/email is also hosted on Google.

4. farrellcollie

farrellcollie Well-Known Member

The gmail works for my edu address and also email so I use email. Besides changing the port make sure you check the security boxes

5. brian0488

brian0488 Active Member

You should be able to set it up as a Google account through settings. Mine is a .edu powered be google and it works fine.

If there is some reason you want it setup as imap, make sure you enable it. Logon through a browser. Click settings (upper right corner) then the "Forwarding and POP/IAMP" tab, then enable imap.

I would suggest setting it up as a google account. You will be able to sync calendar and contacts, as well as having your email pushed to your phone.

6. trackmagic

trackmagic New Member

Congrats and welcome to the school. I have an iPhone and came across this entirely by accident, but its something I can answer for you since I'm at MCPHS as well.

To configure the 'Email' app on an Android device for access to Gmail, just follow the steps below:

1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
    2. On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application.
    3. On the 'Your accounts' page, select Next to get started with setup.
    4. Enter your full Gmail address and password, then select Next.
    5. On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
    And you're done. You can verify your settings from the Inbox view by tapping < Menu > > Account settings.
    Incoming settings
    IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
    Port: 993
    Security type: SSL (always)
    Outgoing settings
    SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
    Port: 465
    Security type: SSL (always)

Again, all the best. Good luck this year.

7. shawnkur

shawnkur New Member

hi,

im also from mcphs but i am still having problems. i want to add my mcphs account to the gmail app not the regular mail app. ive tried doing over wifi and it just says that it cant do sync my email.

i am using the sprint htc hero.

8. HellsAttack

HellsAttack New Member

Hey, I go to MCPHS too. I set up the school gmail with my original Droid twice. I don't recall changing the default addresses and ports. I remember having to find a special password somewhere on the MCPHS or gmail sites. I can't remember where it is now that I'm trying to sync it up on my Droid Bionic. I'll try to remember to post it when I find it again.

9. HellsAttack

HellsAttack New Member