• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My solution to the screen wobble

Yeah it was buggin me really bad. So bad that I was gonna trade it for a evo. But I gave this a try and it works great. I'm gonna remove the center strip though cause it gets in the way of the space bar. I still use my real keyboard on occasion and that strip bugs me.

But here's the pic. Like I said all I did was cut thin strips of the velcro fuzzy side and bent it around the curve of the phone. Works like a charm. I had to trim the fuzzy stuff a little cause it would hang out of the side of the phone.

Sorry for the crappy quality pic. I used my wife's junk Curve 2

Attachments

• IMG00124-20101106-1841.jpg
    IMG00124-20101106-1841.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Yeah it was buggin me really bad. So bad that I was gonna trade it for a evo. But I gave this a try and it works great. I'm gonna remove the center strip though cause it gets in the way of the space bar. I still use my real keyboard on occasion and that strip bugs me.

But here's the pic. Like I said all I did was cut thin strips of the velcro fuzzy side and bent it around the curve of the phone. Works like a charm. I had to trim the fuzzy stuff a little cause it would hang out of the side of the phone.

Ah, cool-- When you described it, I was thinking the velcro would be stuck to the back of the screen (when the keyboard is out).

Upvote 0

Sorry for the crappy quality pic. I used my wife's junk Curve 2

Anyone else do this mod?

If so, what were your results in the long run? Any negative to doing this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones