• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my tbolt is sending old texts

bdal1

Nov 13, 2009
I know there have been a bunch of early gen Tbolt text issues but i cant find anyone with this particular one.

When i do a nandroid restore, it will send out old text messages from when I did the backup. And the only way i find out who they were sent to is if the person who received it sends a text back.

Has anyone else found this to happen? Are there any fixes?

I know there have been a bunch of early gen Tbolt text issues but i cant find anyone with this particular one.

When i do a nandroid restore, it will send out old text messages from when I did the backup. And the only way i find out who they were sent to is if the person who received it sends a text back.

Has anyone else found this to happen? Are there any fixes?

happened to me man. no idea why. i dont use nandroid restore too much. i think when it happened to me it was when i was just normally rebooting my phone.

Upvote 0
There's a thread about the wrong people receiving texts. Its not a phone issue. Its the stock SMS app for android. There's usually a sequence of commands that is causing it.

Try a thirdparty app, rename or delete the stock app, and it'll fix it.

Tried them all
its not the messaging app.

If you ever noticed, even when you use handcent, go, or chomp the stock messaging app still registers the texts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones