• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Transformer Charging Issue

I had the same issue with my TF, It took a bit but I eventually got it charging again, You can try the charger for they have an issue with the connections inside, Even the new one may have the same issue and to rule it out I would try bending the prongs a bit and connecting it again, They also say that putting the charger in the freezer will reset it to. I tried going back and forth between the PC & Wall Outlet, even trying different ones, but eventually it started charging again, I noticed that it took almost 30 seconds after plugging in for the charge indicator to show, Have you tried the Hard Reset to?

Photo2.png

Reactions: FergiGirl
Upvote 0
Had this same problem on Thanksgiving night. My Transformer had been charging fine for months, and then that night nothing.

I tried another USB charging adapter from my phone, which also didn't work (though that was not providing as much current as the Transformer requires).

I finally looked inside the USB socket on the ASUS charging brick. The black box that the Transformer USB plug goes into and then you plug into the wall outlet.

With a magnifier, I could see that 2 of the USB pins in the charger were bent and wouldn't make contact with the USB cable from the tablet. I bent those pins back out a bit with a needle and it worked fine after that!

These pins
usb-port.jpg

Reactions: Podivin
Upvote 0
my charger bugged out on thanksgiving also, I could get the unit to charge with the usb cord slowly and my phone showed that it was charging off of the asus charger. I didn't want to be down for a long time so I ordered a spare charger from officedepot, I was absolutely convinced it was the wall part, and I had tried all three things, freezer, bending, reset, turns out it was not the wall part but it was the power cord itself, I am positive of that after mixing and matching parts with the new charger, now I am waiting for my rma'd unit to come back from asus...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones