• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My vibrator broke

mcl1981

Jun 20, 2010
This morning around 6am, my vibrator was noticeably slower and weaker. By 9am, my vibrator stopped working completely. All vibrate settings are on. It just doesn't work anymore. This I very problematic since I cant feel it if it doesn't vibrate. Any suggestions why it died? Is this something my $7/mo service plan will cover? I know there is no water damage, I always use protection.

Your service plan should cover the repair. Any Sprint repair facility should be able to either replace it the same day or order the part to get it replaced. The Lead repair technician in my local Sprint store said they can fix anything so long as it is not the main board or the fault was not the result of water damage. Should not cost any extra. While I have not had that exact problem, I have had a few and they have always been taken care of.

Upvote 0
I just called and they said it wouldn't be a problem at all.

What about the fact that I'm running a custom rom on my Evo. Obviously you and I all know this has nothing to do with my vibrator not working anymore. But I'm worried some company schmuck will claim the rom voids the vibrator warranty and I'll be screwed (figuratively).

Upvote 0
To be honest, sprint doesn't seem to care too much, but if you happen upon a repair center that does, and your phone is rooted, they can void your warranty if they want to. It's up to you if you want to take your chances. To be honest, it's not terribly hard to unroot. Just make sure you don't accept any OTA updates after undrooting depending on what your current hboot version is. If you do, once you root again, your nandroid backups will be useless on a different hboot version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones