• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My WiFi hotspot doesnt seem to work porperly. It shares absolutely no internet.

Alfax

Lurker
Feb 17, 2012
So Im on vacation, and I decided to upload some youtube videos with my netbook. I quickly remembered that I could use my phone as a wifi hotspot and could work comfortably from home. Sadly, it doesnt work. All I can do is connect to the WiFI hotspot, but it gives me no internet at all, which is frustrating and delays my work. Ive tried connecting to the wifi hotspot through several devices, and all of them seem to lack internet support from the connection.
I really dont know what I can do anymore, and Im starting to lose my patience. This phone is great, and I really want to keep it. If anyone else has had a problem like this, Id be really happy to get some advice.

If its of any use, heres a list of the games and apps currently installed on my Optimus One:

Games:
-Fruit Ninja Free
-Angry Birds
-Robo Defense Free
-Tank Hero
-Zombie Dash
-Apparatus Lite
-Little Empire (Dont judge me. I spend no money at all in that game :p)
-Abduction! (Y U NO HAVE FREE DOODLE JUMP ANDROID?!)
-Gem Miner
-Little Village

Apps:
-Android Assistant
-Juice Defender
-AndroZip
-Opera Mini
-Quick Settings
-Schwarzenegger Soundboard (For the lols, obviously)
-App 2 SD Free
-ConvertPad
-QR Droid
-Team Fortress 2 Engineer and Heavy soundboard (Nope and SANDVICH are good enough reasons to have those)
-AoE II taunts (Wolololo?)
-Shazam
-eBay
-MX Video Player
-Steam
-CamScanner Free

Thank you for reading through this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a good day :)

Ive never been able to use the WiFi hotspot system successfully in the past with my phone. However, a friend has the exact same plan as I do, and the same phone, and he manages to do it just fine. I live in Chile right now, so I doubt youve heard of my provider. If its of any use, its called Claro. The company's side is entirely in spanish, so looking for info there would be difficult.
But as Ive said before, a friend of mine has the same service plan and the same phone as I do, and it works just fine for her.

And yeah, I can surf really well on my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones