• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyPhoneExplorer - manage your phone via PC - now also for Android

thanks for the tip on the My phone explorer app, but I can't figure out how to configure it to synch my contacts with Outlook. Since Outlook can't synch contacts with GMAIL well, where should my contacts be located in Outlook? (main contact folder, under the gmail account, under a hotmail account, etc.). And which account should I be sync-ing them with in the My Phone Explorer client app on the phone?

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Right now I show one set of contacts in Outlook and one on the phone. But Myphoneexplorer app on PC shows two of everything, so I am concerned if I run it I will get duplicates.

Upvote 0
thanks for the tip on the My phone explorer app, but I can't figure out how to configure it to synch my contacts with Outlook. Since Outlook can't synch contacts with GMAIL well, where should my contacts be located in Outlook? (main contact folder, under the gmail account, under a hotmail account, etc.). And which account should I be sync-ing them with in the My Phone Explorer client app on the phone?

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Right now I show one set of contacts in Outlook and one on the phone. But Myphoneexplorer app on PC shows two of everything, so I am concerned if I run it I will get duplicates.

I can tell you what my settings are.

I recall I first synced it through USB (what I still use), and then I edited duplicates on MPE, which was tedious but easier than any other platform I had tried. Then I synced that back to my phone, overwriting it.

In settings, under sync, there are drop down boxes for contacts, calendar, notes that i have assigned to outlook.

I do not sync my phone with google calendar anymore, but it syncs with outlook and stays updated that way.

Not sure if i answered your concern. BEFORE doing any initial sync, i did backup databases in case it backfired, but all went well.

Upvote 0
Thanks! I am just synching contacts. when you selected Outlook 2007, did you select the main contacts account, or any particular email account (I have gmail, hotmail, etc.).

Also, on the phone did you completely turn off the synching of contacts with all other accounts?

appreciate the help!

autosync is off on my phone. I sync the main contacts, nothing separate that I know of.

Also, no roxio program tried to install - you may want to contact the MSE programmer or search the website for FAQs. Wonder if it was a new check box you missed unchecking?

Upvote 0
I have an HTC MyTouch 4G Android phone serviced by T-Mobile and want to use MyPhoneExplorer to sync some of my Outlook contacts to my phone. All of the contacts that I want to sync have the IM field set to BB in Outlook (IM stands for Instant Messenger).

In the MyPhoneExplorer Settings->Sync window, I set Contacts to Outlook 2010 and clicked on the Advanced button. In the Settings for Outlook window I have the following checked:
Outlook/Contacts
Use Outlook add-in
Force Outlook -> phone
Show confirmation window

I then clicked on Exceptions expecting to be able to enter a filter for which contacts to sync. In the Exceptions for Outlook window I clicked on "Add new entries from Outlook only if...". A small pop-up appears with three options that are all grayed out.

Is there some way that I can tell MyPhoneExplorer to sync only contacts that have something in the IM field? If not, is there something else I can set in my Outlook contacts to have MyPhoneExplorer select that contact for sync?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
.... Is there some way that I can tell MyPhoneExplorer to sync only contacts that have something in the IM field? If not, is there something else I can set in my Outlook contacts to have MyPhoneExplorer select that contact for sync? ...

You should ask over at the MPE forums, but I don't think so. The way I'd do it, and maybe it's just because it's a way that works for me so I haven't bothered to investigate further, is to have a separate sub-folder(s) under 'Contacts' in Outlook. I have several and you can choose which ones to sync in MPE in Settings > Sync > Contacts > [Outlook] Advanced. In Outlook you just have to <right click> < properties> Outlook .... > Show as Outlook address book (or similar) to ensure the folder is checked when you, for example, want to type an email address.

HTH

Dave

Reactions: megreen
Upvote 0
I am brand new to these forums. Where can I find the MPE forum? I tried the search box at the upper right but a window appears that says "loading search" and nothing happens after that. Thanks!

Sorry. The chap who writes MPE has his own forum. The English speaking bit is at ... FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ... He's German so most of the forum is in German.

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0
I need some expert guidance.

I am preparing a demonstration for senior citizens (aged over 50) on the use of smart phones, their features and capabilities.

I am using MPE via the menu Extras and using the 'Phone KeyPad' option.

The android phone is a SamSung Galaxy S II.

For some reason after having navigated around the smart phone - using the controlling PC my PC freezes completely - unable to move the cursor and when hitting the PC keyboard Caps Lock and Num Lock keys neither lights toggle on or off - indicating that the system has frozen.

The freezing does not happen at a set time - it is sporadic - I can work the cellphone for 5, 10 or 20 minutes before the PC stops or after one minute the PC stops.

I return to controlling the phone I have to disconnect the USB cable press the PC start button to restart. The smart phone is operable even though the PC freezes.

Of course this scenario is hopeless when conducting a demonstration.

Could some kind expert tell me what the issue may be and how to resolve the problem so I can have a continuous live connection between the PC and smartphone

Edit 1: I should've mentioned that I have already checked updates for all my devices and Graphics Card. I 'apparently' have all current versions. There was no requirement to update.

Thanks - I await the advice

Upvote 0
Thanks spile for your response.

I did mention in my original message that I have rechecked my drivers and graphic card drivers but they are all up-to-date. Never-the-less, as you were kind enough to respond I decided to obtain a fresh copy of the Graphic Driver software (nVidia) and re-installed after removing the previously (but same version) installed software.

As I suspected it made no difference to the freezing of my PC after connecting my smartphone via USB and using myphoneexplorer version 1.8.2.

What else must I try to resolve the issue I am experiencing?

Kim

Upvote 0
How do I get the calendar to appear on my phone? I downloaded the program, and synced it with Outlook 2007 (contacts, calendar, notes and tasks). The contacts, notes and tasks appear in my phone (LG p505), but not the calendar. The only options I have for calendar on the phone are Google and Microsoft Exchange). All I want to do is sync my Outlook calendar onto my phone via a USB cable. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones