• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MyTouch 4G Market and Talk not working

supdeva

Lurker
Apr 26, 2011
Hi I am using a mytouch 4g (android 2.2.1).
Even though wifi is working for browsing and even syncing the gmail account, it is not working for android market downloads(Market is the new version 2.3.6) and "Talk" is always giving an unable to connect message. I have tried everything suggested from
1) factory resetting several times
2) Clearing cache
3) Using google mail instead of gmail
4) detaching battery/SD

But it always shows only "Starting to Download" or "Downloading" but nothing is actually downloaded. I am connected to the Wifi network at my office. It is WEP Enterprise(Enterprise-802.1x), PEAP, MSCHAPV2.

Can you please tell me what I can do to get the market app working? :thinking:

Market and talk are now working in at home in WPA2-Personal Network. Now that it worked once it might work at the office as well will try and update.
But what i don't get is why the 4g on froyo couldnt connect while a 3g slide on a rooted froyo downloaded from the market just fine from the same network at office.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones