• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MyTouch Flipping out on me

vanrulzz

Lurker
Dec 22, 2009
So my MyTouch started freaking out on me today. The settings keep resetting randomly, my screen doesn't lock (when i press the red button it goes dark but any other button and it goes to home screen without lock or press menu to unlock just homescreen) and i can't make calls without it freezing like 5 seconds in. restarted the phone billions of times, took battery out etc. no water damage, nothing in the phone no dust. called customer service with landline and they didnt help with jacksquat. Is there anything I can do to fix it without having to go through the hassle of returning it?

Thanks in advance,

Van Wolfe

So my MyTouch started freaking out on me today. The settings keep resetting randomly, my screen doesn't lock (when i press the red button it goes dark but any other button and it goes to home screen without lock or press menu to unlock just homescreen) and i can't make calls without it freezing like 5 seconds in. restarted the phone billions of times, took battery out etc. no water damage, nothing in the phone no dust. called customer service with landline and they didnt help with jacksquat. Is there anything I can do to fix it without having to go through the hassle of returning it?

Thanks in advance,

Van Wolfe

Return this lemon ... why would you want to keep a clearly defective phone... better to part with it and get a replacement... Keeping it will be far more hassle than exchange ...!!!

Upvote 0
I have had the mytouch for 2 months now and I have the same problem with it going crazy. it fixed itself but now the call button works half the time and my home button doesnt work at all. any suggestions pretty sure i dont have a receipt to return it.
You shouldnt need a receipt to return the phone. As long as you bought it from tmobile you should be able to go in and ask for a manufacture replacement. Most phones are covered for a year under manufacture warranties, but dont get this warranty confused with personal damage. If the button doesnt work because of something youve done and they know, they wont replace it. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I had the same thing happen to my phone over the weekend.. not sure what caused it. I've had the phone for a few months now and everything has been fine up until Sunday morning. Saturday I installed the "I heart Radio" app and a Task Killer app then I noticed later that night that my phone didn't want to "lock" I didn't think anything of it until Sunday morning when I realized most of my buttons had stopped working (Home, Dial, Back & search) and I wasn't able to receive calls. I tried uninstalling the two apps and changing the battery, etc but nothing worked. I did a factory reset (Settings > SD Card > Factory data reset) and that fixed the problem. Luckily this phone makes it super easy to get everything back. All my contacts are synced with my Gmail and the market-place remembers your download history, so I was up and running again in a matter of minutes. Still wondering what caused the issue in the first place though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones