Nandroid backup question

Last Updated:

1. kjohnso88

kjohnso88 Member This Topic's Starter

Updating to 2.1 here and I'm following the forum found here. Well, I'm at this:

Step 15: Go into Nandroid Sub-Menu, Choose Default Nandroid Backup. It will now backup your current system .img just incase something goes wrong you can always go back. [​IMG]

After I choose to backup...it works and it works and it works, and continues to do so for 30+ minutes? I've waited an hour one time. Tried a second time for 20mins. Trying again as I type this.

Anyone have an experience backing up their original .img like this?

The first time I waited for an hour, I pulled the battery and checked the SD card. I had a Nandroid folder with a .img file in there. It contained three things - boot.img, misc.img and recovery.img

Are those three things all I need or did it really not finish? I'm so confused about what to do. I don't want to wait forever!

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Didn't realize this is the first time I've posted here. Been reading for awhile now! Hi all :)

Advertisement
  2. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member

When I ran the backup for mine I ended up with the following files in my BCDMRS date folder:

boot.img
    cache.tar
    data.tar
    misc.img
    nandroid.md5
    recovery.img
    system.tar

Totaled up to be about 216 MB in size

I've just only started down the path of rooting and installing 2.1 however have it running so far without any issues.

Not sure about the tutorial you are using however I used to following one which was fairly easy to follow (along with PLENTY of reading up on it prior to starting).

AllDroid.org - View topic - Installing Nandroid Backups (2.1 img) Easy Way UPDATED\PIX

3. kjohnso88

Actually, that is the tutorial I'm following. Just a different forum. Every says their backup takes 1min-4min. Somethings up but I'm getting some help...

4. budwizer

budwizer Well-Known Member

You might start over at the Droid Root Helper steps and make sure you haven't omitted anything. Good luck!

5. kjohnso88

I will try again! I have done that three times though haha I do get a backup folder in Nandroid but everytime, I only have those three files that I mentioned. One more go and then I don't know if it'll happen tonight :( Could it be because I have so many apps installed? 101?

6. WhiskeySix

WhiskeySix Member

I'm getting the same thing... any resolution?