• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nandroid backup question

kjohnso88

Lurker
Dec 1, 2009
Updating to 2.1 here and I'm following the forum found here. Well, I'm at this:

Step 15: Go into Nandroid Sub-Menu, Choose Default Nandroid Backup. It will now backup your current system .img just incase something goes wrong you can always go back.
smile.gif

After I choose to backup...it works and it works and it works, and continues to do so for 30+ minutes? I've waited an hour one time. Tried a second time for 20mins. Trying again as I type this.

Anyone have an experience backing up their original .img like this?

The first time I waited for an hour, I pulled the battery and checked the SD card. I had a Nandroid folder with a .img file in there. It contained three things - boot.img, misc.img and recovery.img

Are those three things all I need or did it really not finish? I'm so confused about what to do. I don't want to wait forever!

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Didn't realize this is the first time I've posted here. Been reading for awhile now! Hi all :)

When I ran the backup for mine I ended up with the following files in my BCDMRS date folder:

boot.img
cache.tar
data.tar
misc.img
nandroid.md5
recovery.img
system.tar

Totaled up to be about 216 MB in size

I've just only started down the path of rooting and installing 2.1 however have it running so far without any issues.

Not sure about the tutorial you are using however I used to following one which was fairly easy to follow (along with PLENTY of reading up on it prior to starting).

AllDroid.org - View topic - Installing Nandroid Backups (2.1 img) Easy Way UPDATED\PIX

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones