• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroid restore problem

Kimbernator

Jan 30, 2011
RESOLVED!

I have cm7 on my phone, but beforehand i made two backups of the stock rom.

I just thought i would test them to see if they worked, so i backed up my cm7 rom and restored both of the stock ones, to find that neither got past the "Mytouch 4g" screen. I can easily restore back in to cm7, but the others are not working right.

I mean, how long should it take for one of those backups to boot up the first time? I only left them for like 3-4 minutes, but neither ever got to the startup animation.

I never got a single error, it all seemed to go so smoothly.

Hey! I figured it out! And this should apply to all of us with mytouch 4gs.

The issue was that i was on clockwork 3.0.0.5, which i was on even when i backed up the stock rom. 3.0.0.5 allows for gingerbread flashing, but not froyo. So if you experience an issue like this, downgrade to 2.5.1.2 in rom manager and try recovering - lucky for me, even nandroids made in 3.0.0.5 were compatible with 2.5.1.2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones