• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

National Data Roaming

Should "National Data Roaming" be enabled or disabled on a Three PAYG sim? Would it be something that is free or likely to cost a lot more if enabled? I know the "Data Roaming" option probably means "everywhere" or "international" and I have that disabled.

AFAIK you don't get charged extra for inland roaming because it's a partnership that's been set up & it's just a fall back signal, it will get charged back to your operator, not you. This obviously doesn't apply abroad. Ofcom rules apply here.

I think 3 share 3g with T-mobile (EE) & will soon be also sharing 4g. That's why I always leave National Data Roaming on, for the fall back signal (though I may not be 100% right on this!).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones