1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Navionics still needs work

Last Updated:

1. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know I am beating a dead horse here but still a little disappointed in this app. I like that it works but we are missing some great options. My friend has the Iphone 4 and we got it the same day. He gets pinch to zoom and a google earth over lay. Me nothing like that. I hope they up date this soon since I paid the same amount for it and it feels like a stripped down version of this app.

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Google Navigate doesn't work for you?

3. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It does, but these are charts for the ocean ? Unless there is something out there that I missed. It does the job for sure and not that disappointed but you would think that they would add the same options for Android phones as they do for other hand sets ??

4. Aquila

Aquila Member

.[FONT=&quot]Why not open google maps in satellite mode works for me......I don't have a chart plotter on my boat just a gps and paper charts so find the Navioncs UK charts tidal data and tidal streams brilliant value at 18 beer tokens [/FONT]...:rolleyes:

I would like to see a goto function that gives you a course to steer as the only bearing shown is the actual heading the boat is on.....small gripe, still great value though.

5. gunlocators

gunlocators Member

Also this give topo depths not sure if anything else does

6. mobyapp

mobyapp New Member

I just got the app and am pleased to so far for the price. Using a Droid X. I saw an earlier post that there were problems of the app not fully shutting down and draining the battery on some phones. My battery seems to go faster since I loaded Navionics. Should I be killing a process or something after using it?

7. falbhan

falbhan Member

I know that this app is great on i devices but I haven't taken the plunge for my Nexus One. Several reasons which I'll list. - Dev isn't very engaged with the customer - Will not fit on my N1 and there is no interest in making the app SD capable - Seems Android is a second class citizen for dev If they'd just make it apps 2 SD capable I'd probably go for it, but too many strikes against it now.