• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone tried ICS Domination on this bad boy. Seems quite popular, over 1.5 million views on xda (apparently)! :rolleyes:

Yea it works fine.

So.. um.. forgive me but what is the fascination with this rom? Isn't it just a stock rom but rooted?

Essentially it is but its also deodexed which i think means you can add more support for themes and seperate mods.

Reactions: hippityhop
Upvote 0
[B said:
skimminstones[/B];4461404]not entirely sure but i think i read someone else say they werent compatible with each other at the moment

I think you're right skimminstones. If I remember correctly, you cannot install the Domination theme over any mod's whatsoever.

I don't know if this means that you could flash the JKay framework over Domination afterwards though... I would be very careful about it. ;)

Upvote 0
I'll try and find out more on this regarding why they are incompatible, this is still kind of new to me. ICS is finally starting to fulfill the hype!

Here you go sflannery07... you can have your cake and eat it! :eating:

JKay framework comes installed with the latest Domination theme, here.

"Requirements:
- U need rom without any themes or mods install
- Don't flash it even over my CWM packages
- Make a backup just in case before flashing
- Uninstall JKAY deluxe settings app (latest version will be installed with theme)
- If u have any other mods (like phone with no inc. record.full pic), remove it
- Remove all mods
- If u have older version of JKAY app, please uninstall
- Patience, installation is just little bit longer
"

Just make sure that you know if your ICS ROM is odexed or deodexed.

Upvote 0
Here you go sflannery07... you can have your cake and eat it! :eating:

JKay framework comes installed with the latest Domination theme, here.

"Requirements:
- U need rom without any themes or mods install
- Don't flash it even over my CWM packages
- Make a backup just in case before flashing
- Uninstall JKAY deluxe settings app (latest version will be installed with theme)
- If u have any other mods (like phone with no inc. record.full pic), remove it
- Remove all mods
- If u have older version of JKAY app, please uninstall
- Patience, installation is just little bit longer"

Just make sure that you know if your ICS ROM is odexed or deodexed.

And eat I shall :eating: ! Because I already have the jaykay framework installed will this affect the installation? I can uninstall the deluxe app but do I need to remove the jaykay stuff??

Upvote 0
And eat I shall :eating: ! Because I already have the jaykay framework installed will this affect the installation? I can uninstall the deluxe app but do I need to remove the jaykay stuff??

Judging by the two lines of instruction underneath the one I highlighted, yes!

I guess you could use the JKay restore .zip for that though.

Upvote 0
I'll try and find out more on this regarding why they are incompatible, this is still kind of new to me. ICS is finally starting to fulfill the hype!

Basically there are 2 types of "themes"

The safest and most flexible is a "morpher". This will take your bits and bobs, and morph it into the current .apk files on your device. The theme is usually in a sub-folder in the flashable zip, and within this folder is a FOLDER that represents the .apk application's file name. All changes in there are morphed over the current .apk file(s)

The second "theme" is not so much a theme, but a replacement of the application(s) themselves. Therefore, any mods to affected apps will be blitzed by the "theme" files. These zips just perform a package extract of the system folder, and within there are the .apk files themselves. After "themeing" such a zip, you may be lucky and be able to flash your specific mods over on top, but this will depend on if your mods are .apk files or morphs. You might get away with it if your mods are morphs, but if your mods are the apk files, then you will lose your original themed apps. Depending on the extent of the themed files, you may not even be able to reboot after attempting your mods.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply Hawker. Will a full wipe not remove the zip file?. Sorry Im a bit new to this.

full wipe (data, cache + dalvik) in CWM will only wipe your gingerbread system files and not files on your internal/external card (ie. the rom zip you are gonna flash)

plus! it won't do any harm to make a nandroid backup with CWM first in case summat goes wrong with flashing the new rom.

Reactions: kingink65
Upvote 0
Just do a full wipe then a cwm flash.

Same question goes for me Hawker. Now I am using Checkrom Revo HD v6 and want to move to this ROM. Some say I should go to a Stock ROM via Odin before flashing this one to avoid file structure problems, etc.

At xdaDevelopers I don't see someone saying I should do that.

So Can I move from Checkrom v6 (GB) directly to this ICS ROM via Recovery? I should do a full wipe? What about USB Storage. Should I also delete that? If so How?

Thank you very much. I appreciate your valuable help!

Upvote 0
I like Neat very much. Its basically a stock ROM (which I've always liked) but being deodexed gives it a bit more flexibility for tweaking. Big attraction to me is the developer, who seems to know his onions and is very helpful indeed. Probably the most helpful developer I've seen on XDA alongside Gokhan.

I didnt experience any problems moving directly from GB to ICS. All I did was a full wipe, then flash the ROM via CWM. Do a factory reset and format of /system, or if you want to do a more thorough job, run GS2ROMNuke

However, I've known a few who have experienced problems with their ICS custom ROM, and found that flashing a stock firmware base through Odin, and then wiping and re-flashing the custom ROM seemed to cure problems.

Personally, I would just full wipe, flash Neat then see how it goes.
If you get problems, then try flashin stock followed by Neat.

Reactions: kingink65
Upvote 0
I like Neat very much. Its basically a stock ROM (which I've always liked) but being deodexed gives it a bit more flexibility for tweaking. Big attraction to me is the developer, who seems to know his onions and is very helpful indeed. Probably the most helpful developer I've seen on XDA alongside Gokhan.

I didnt experience any problems moving directly from GB to ICS. All I did was a full wipe, then flash the ROM via CWM. Do a factory reset and format of /system, or if you want to do a more thorough job, run GS2ROMNuke

However, I've known a few who have experienced problems with their ICS custom ROM, and found that flashing a stock firmware base through Odin, and then wiping and re-flashing the custom ROM seemed to cure problems.

Personally, I would just full wipe, flash Neat then see how it goes.
If you get problems, then try flashin stock followed by Neat.

I finally did. Nice rom. Full wipe and format data, system and cache. Then applying zip from internal SD.
Not sure if this is a factory reset.
Up to now it works fine. I would like to know what you do to improve battery life.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
Glore2002.

Upvote 0
I think I have finally achieved ICS nirvana with this rom. Running LPG I have less than 1% per hour batter drain overnight in a not great signal area :adore:

Will move to the Lite version when Sale releases it :)

Not sure about the LPX modem though. Phone signal is up and down like a rollercoaster and wifi often doesn't reconnect after sleep :frown:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones