• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
That's it!

I have, "Battery", configuration selected in ExTweaks Plus with GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS and ARCH_POWER checked, along with BLN.

Thanks my friend!
What governor are you using? Is there any other modification you made in Siyah(enabling any governor, for instance) or in extweaks or just using the default values besides those you told me?

Upvote 0
To reiterate what Hawker said above. I backu top everything using Titanium, then do a CWM backup, flash what I want then on rebooting CWM backup again to do a backup of the new ROM, then restore using Titanium restoring what I need. This way should something not play nice with the new ROM I can restore either my old set up or start again with Titanium without the app or setting that won't play nice. It is long winded and can be frustrating, but I have yet to cause myself a problem. There is almost certainly an easier way of doing this, but this 'belt and braces' approach works for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help, I've just flashed it, first ROM I've ever done, previously only bothered with simple rooting.

I flashed this then Siyah kernel but my root access has now disappeared. What's the best way to get it back? Previously I've used CF-Root but that will replace Siyah kernel - is that how to do it? Back to CF with Odin then back again to Siyah, or is there an easier way?

Upvote 0
Been running this with Siyah for a couple of days now and it's much better than the Stock system I was running previously so thank you to the two developers, smoother and it seems like much more deep sleep and obviously better battery life. The real test will be a day at work when previously I was getting up at 7am and by hometime at 4pm, the phone was nearly dead but I'm pretty confident I'll see an improvement.

I am having problems with one wakelock at home though - NetworkLocationLocator (Google Services). Does anyone know exactly what this is and how to disable it? It only seems to be keeping the phone awake when I'm connected to Wifi, I did a Force Stop on Maps but that didn't seem to solve it, it seems to be polling my location on a very regular basis. Anyone else had this issue with this setup? Is it going to be a case of turning location detection off altogether?

Upvote 0
NEATROMLite v1.1 is up! :D

Themed - Amazing Vertumus ICS Domination v4.5 JKAY UNIVERSAL

Great battery life

Speed and response much more faster and smoother

Init.d support

Init.d tweaks

Build.prop Tweaks

Auto-Zipalign apps on boot

Faster read / write the SD card

Faster media scanner

Faster GPS FIX (Thanks hawkerpaul)

Fixed Email bug

TW launcher - Infinite scrolling

Updated Google Maps to v6.8.1

Updated Street to v1.8.0.1

Updated YouTube to v3.5.5

Updated Gmail to v4.0.5

Updated Play Store to v3.5.19

Roboto font

Trebuchet launcher

and many more...

(Hawker... is that you in the credits or, God forbid, have you got a clone? :2in1: )

Download, more information and installation instructions, here.

NEATLITE111.png

NEATLITE112.png

NEATLITE113.png

NEATLITE114.png

NEATLITE115.png

Upvote 0
In THIS PROJECT IS INVESTED A LOT OF TIME,
PASSION AND HARD WORK,​
SO PLEASE CONSIDER DONATION IN ORDER SO SUPPORT ME AND TO KEEP THIS PROJECT ALIVE!!!

Lite Rom last release: NeatRomLite v1.2 (25th June 2012)

Firmware: I9100XWLPG (4.0.3)
Build date: 24th May 2012
Modem: XXLPX
CSC: NEELP4
CF-Root v5.5 LPG
Change List: 619441
Available languages in Rom: Basque,Catala, Cestina, Dansk, Deutsch, English (Australia), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Espanol, Estonian, Francais, Galician, Hrvatski, Icelandic, Irish, Italiano, Kazakh, Latviesu, Lietuviu, Macedonian, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk bokmal, Polski, Portugues, Romana, Slovencina, Slovenscina, Suomi, Svenska, Turkce, Uzbek, Greek, Bulgarian, Belarussian, Russian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Korean
Fully Deodexed
Zipaligned
Rooted
BusyBox
SuperSU
EFS auto backup
Fixed SDcard issue
Deep sleep works perfect
NO WIPE
Disabled boot sounds

Not Themed

Great battery life

Speed and response much more faster and smoother

Init.d support

Init.d tweaks

Build.prop Tweaks

Auto-Zipalign apps on boot

Faster read / write the SD card

Faster media scanner

Faster GPS FIX (Thanks hawkerpaul)

Fixed Email bug

TW launcher - Infinite scrolling

Updated Google Maps to v6.8.1

Updated Street to v1.8.0.1

Updated YouTube to v3.5.5

Updated Gmail to v4.0.5

Updated Play Store to v3.5.19

Roboto font

and many more...

Download:
NeatRomLite_v1.2
NeatRomLite_v1.2 Mirror 1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones