Need advice about sending in my Droid

Last Updated:

1. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

As of late, my Droid has not been performing well. It IS rooted, but I noticed these problems unrooted and on every ROM.

The back story is, I had an Eris that messed up, so they sent me another one. That replacement was also faulty, so they offered me a Droid.

Since then, I have noticed a whistling when I make phone calls, almost like a teapot -- I know this is a common issue. Also, the proximity sensor isn't working, I always back out/end calls on accident.

The phone does have some scuffs already on it, so I worry sending it back they may give me a hard time because they have already helped me out so much. In addition, this phone flies! and has a nice keyboard, I worry too much about having to send for another replacement.

Can I get your advice/perspective?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

Send it back, they are there to help you.
    Just don't be like another guys post who's master plan is to keep thinking of reasons to send his phones back until they offer him an X.
    If its broke, let them fix it for ya.

3. sixstringedmatt

True, and that is definitely not my master plan hah! I just worry the next Droid they send won't perform like this one. I never seem to get any good refurbs when I have had issues with phones.

I can't stress enough how much I enjoy my current Droid, but practically the phone isn't working out for me.

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

It's simply your judgment call to make. You know the risks with getting a refurb. It's a hit-or-miss ordeal. You have to determine if potentially dealing with refurbs with issues are worth resolving the issue you're having with your current device.

5. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I got a replacement and was worried about the same thing, matter of fact, the wireless on the phone would flake out so I had to call back and get yet another one sent. but this one is up and running like a champ. I didn't catch any flack from them about calling about a phone I'd only had for a week or anything like that.

6. sixstringedmatt

Thanks guys, emailed the Verizon team, rather than calling, so I will see how it goes.

I really appreciate the input -- I wanted to make sure I wasn't making a big deal out of nothing before I contacted Verizon.

This community is really great, thanks again!