• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Basic Media Player with option for earpiece audio

wiredwrx

Lurker
Jan 26, 2012
Hello,

I receive my office voicemails as mp3 attachments to my email. When opening the file, the standard media player opens. However, it plays through the phones speaker. However, I would like a media player that allows me to switch to the handset earpiece for privacy reasons. I don't need anything fancy, just need a simple play and pause button(s) and the option to switch between speaker and earpiece. Anyone know of such an application. I have tried searchning, but no lists this ability as a feature.

Thanks

I don't know if you looking for the app to control the output or not, but I use Astro Player which outputs depending on what is present. Headphone jack is highest priority, bluetooth is next, and then through the speaker.

Typically I listen over bluetooth. Turning off the earpiece stops the playback and then I hit the play widget to start again through the speaker. It will automatically switch midplayback when a higher output comes available (ie if I am listening on the speaker and turn on my bluetooth it switch to the bluetooth).

Kinda wish that the output would drop down when going from jack to BT but I don't know of any that does that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones