• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmann62

Lurker
Feb 6, 2016
My Android phone has been out of control, I followed your advise with a factory reset along with addition of webroot secure any and avast Mobil security. This did not help I am still facing the same problem such as gmail being routed elsewhere and the sàme goes with my pictures etc. I need help with this real big problem please

The Gmail thing might very well be a Gmail problem that can only be handled via the website from a PC.

For me, that was definitely the case.... My gmail was so mangled, that the 'inbox' never, ever, had anything in it.
I found the issues to be the settings, a LOT of the settings, you have to go to every tab and verify that each setting will meet your needs...

All of my email was being sent direct to the 'Archive' folder for reasons I never knew why it happened.
That meant, the email could not be found in the Inbox, Trash, Spam.... it was just 'gone' forever.

I sent myself email from a different account with a "route trace" on it, and it was delivered and Received!
duh? WTH? that caused me a lot of stomach burn, but I finally did sleuth it out.

I really suspect your email issue has nothing to do with the phone/device you are using.

I highly suggest you install Aqua Mail to help you debug this, it is a great email tool.

* Aqua Mail - email app - Android Apps on Google Play

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones