• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need For Speed Shift

I remembering seeing a Google IO video stating that NFS Shift is exclusive to Verizon for the next 60-90 days. The only way to purchase it is through a link on the demo, but you have to be on Verizon's network for it to work.

I assume if you purchase through the demo it'll bill directly to your Verizon bill since only Verizon customers can purchase it at this time.

The rest of us will just have to wait until the exclusivity ends. :(

I got the demo work on my Vibrant and so far it's the best looking racing game on Android.

Upvote 0
Where? I saw it, bought it, now it's gone. Still on my phone, but it doesn't appear on my downloaded apps, isn't on the Games Just In that I can see and neither searching for 'need for speed shift' or 'nfs shift' gets any results. I thought I'd check EA's site to see if they'd suddenly decided to do a Gameloft but I can't see anything about it on there. I'm on a regular Desire running 2.2 and getting a few framerate glitches, but it's still very playable, one of the best tilt racers I've come across - I'll be very annoyed if they yanked it for some ridiculous reason.

Upvote 0
It comes up for me, try searching EA Mobile. The Sims 3 was also released for $4.99. I can't wait for Madden! Hopefully they don't wait as long to release Madden as they did with these two titles. Quarter 1 of 2011 can mean either January 1 or March 31...Here's to wishing that it's the former.

They really need to fix their servers though, or whatever the problem is that is causing the games not to download. Both Fifa 10 and The Sims 3 have lower ratings than they should solely because people aren't able to download the game after they purchase it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones