1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Need: Good panorama camera ap

Last Updated:

1. Dandapani

Dandapani Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is unclear to me why there is no good panorama camera Android application except for what some phone vendors provide on their hand set. Why is this?

(By panorama camera ap, I mean one that takes subsequent pictures as one pans, and stitches them together semi-seamlessly. All the ones I can find just stack the pix end to end or cuts/pastes the images with no regard to blending the pixels.)

I had a good on my previous Nokia 5800 Music Express (Symbian S60V5) and I understand that there are several on the iPhone.

What's the deal? Not enough power on the chip? The JVM not fast enough?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

PhotoStitch works great.

3. bigbalou

bigbalou Member

4. Dandapani

Not a true panoramic image blender.

5. Dandapani

I have the Droid Incredible. Currently 2.1, but should be upgraded this week to 2.2.

6. Mike123456789

Mike123456789 New Member

I've tried Photaf 3D panorama and got excellent results with it

7. Arni01

Arni01 Member

8. McLovin823

McLovin823 Member

D2 and DX have panorama assist features on their cameras. Know this may not help with HTCI device, but hey...it's out there! I would be very surprised if HTC doesn't release something to upgrade their camera to have this functionality.

9. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

+1 Photaf, it's not perfect now but it's getting better and better :)

10. Wolfgang Grano

Wolfgang Grano New Member

What I see it is not possible to save Photaf panoramas to a normal image file. This way it is useless for me, because i don't want to be dependent on the Photaf viewer. Does anyone know a program which is able to save a panorama to a standard png or jpeg?

11. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Pano app works well.

12. meme405

meme405 Well-Known Member

Agreed although it can be a little odd in the way it works, with how you need to line up the shots and stuff, as long as you make a good attempt to do it properly it does a great job of stitching together pictures.

Here is a shot i took with pano, note that this is only 3 pictures. And i have done as many as 6 pictures, i have no idea how far pano will let you go.

[​IMG]

13. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Another +1 for Pano.

It does take a while to get used to, but you can get some decent shots with it.

14. Brent212

Brent212 New Member

Anyone know of a panorama camera app that doesn't limit the resolution of the photos? The stock camera app on my Samsung Epic 4G Touch has a great panorama function, but it limits the resolution of all photos used in the panorama to 640x480, so the largest you can get a panoramic photo to be on the short edge is 640. That's weak when I can take a single image shot that's 3200x2400... it's like I have to decide if I want a cool looking panorama shot that's, at a maximum, only 640 pixels tall, and therefore can't be blown up, or a non-panoramic but with a high enough resolution that it can be printed out without looking pixelated. I wish there was an app that would allow panorama pics to be taken at the highest resolution the camera will capture at (so, with my 8 megapixel camera, it could be 3200 pixels tall), but haven't been able to find any.