• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need good podcast app...

I use google listen for the mere fact its the easiest to use and cleanest imo. I tried stitcher and didnt like it. With gogole listen you can control all ur subscriptions on google reader and you can go to your items to see new posts or you can go to your subscriptions and go through all the old posts from each subscription. Only downside to google listen is you cant really find new podcasts through it.

Upvote 0
I use Acast, works pretty well for a free app. There's a bit of a learning curve getting used to the interface but it's not bad. I know it has the option enter login info for paid podcasts but I haven't used it since all the ones I listen to are free at this point.

There is also an option to add feeds via google reader to importing podcasts from there is pretty easy.

I tried both Google listen and stitcher, didn't care for either of them, haven't tried doggcatcher.

Reactions: Wally World
Upvote 0
I use Acast, works pretty well for a free app. There's a bit of a learning curve getting used to the interface but it's not bad. I know it has the option enter login info for paid podcasts but I haven't used it since all the ones I listen to are free at this point.

There is also an option to add feeds via google reader to importing podcasts from there is pretty easy.

I tried both Google listen and stitcher, didn't care for either of them, haven't tried doggcatcher.

That worked!! Thank you. All those apps had failed and Acast came through. Again, thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones