• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help: Contact List Size

MikeStang

Lurker
Feb 18, 2011
So i received a notification today that the internal memory on my phone was getting low. i haven't downloaded many apps and i've moved most of them to the SD, when it would allow it, so i became suspicious. looked in the Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and sorted them by size to reveal that MY CONTACTS STORAGE IS 128MB!!! WTF?!? Asked 2 ppl in the office and there list is ~5MB and one of them has about 350+ contacts (i'm around 300).
I'm synced to 3 email accounts (1 being work related), but is there anything that i can do to reduce this to a more normal size? I dont even have many pictures associated with contacts...

ideas...please?

BTW - Adobe AIR (16.32MB) and Flash Player 10.1 (11.28MB) are also huge culprits of storage space.

Update: Backed up all my contacts and deleted the contact storage file on the phone. This file was obviously corrupted, as i lost the Android Market and a couple of other apps lost their link as well (i.e. Color Notes, Angry Birds - both of them, and 1 other app). So i needed to do a factory reset on my phone which erased everything on the phone. while i was at it i reformatted my SD card. re-downloaded all my apps and took the time to modify my layout.

its been about 2 weeks now, and no problems. Contacts list storage is ~2MB now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones