Need Help Getting Rid Of Notification ICONSupport

1. Matty Majestic

Matty Majestic New Member

I use Handcent SMS for my messaging purposes. After rooting my phone and going back to stock one time I reinstalled everything on my phone. Now I reinstalled Handcent and whenever I get a new message the Handcent Icon pops up and so does another notification icon and I just want it to stop.

When I get a new message:

[​IMG]

Notification window view of two notifications:

[​IMG]

When I read the message the Handcent notification goes away and default stays:

[​IMG]

I just want the default notification to go away. I have tried turning off notification icon for the default messaging app and that didn't help. I don't know what else to do. Every time I get a notification my phone skips and rings twice because of the two icons appearing seconds after each other its so annoying. The default notification also only leaves if you hit the clear button in the notification shade. HELP?

Advertisement
    :
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The same way as before - open the stock messaging app, then press the Menu softkey and remove notifications from the Stock messaging app.
  3. Matty Majestic

The notifications in the stock app are off! See now they're on and you can see the stock app icon. Three notification icons for one message:

[​IMG]

Im gonna turn notifications back off but it doesn't help getting rid of the "New Messages(s)" notification. I just want it to go away.

For more info.

The first notification is the one I want to get rid of.
    The second is handcent which is the only one I want.
    The third is the stock app which I have turned off notifications for the stock app. So that first notification is not from the stock app.
  4. johnlgalt

The perhaps that notification is coming from yet another app that monitors your SMS?

That icon is definitely not the stock messaging app's icon, so you've got something else notifying you about SMS.

Sorry I did not notice the different icon before....
  5. Matty Majestic

It's okay i'm just trying to figure out what it is :[
    It's bugging me so much. I thought I finally fixed it last night but it came back. So something must have started running on my phone at some point that sends me that icon.
  6. johnlgalt

if you go through your applications installed by going to Market, then downloads, you can read the descriptions for each one and figure out which app that also has to do with SMS notifications.
  7. Matty Majestic

I looked through the store and i dont have any apps installed that would have anything to do with sms. I also uninstalled aHome thinking that might of had a notification but it didn't. I'm out of ideas.
  8. johnlgalt

Like I said, that is not a normal messaging icon.

Got Beautiful widgets or anything like that installed? That icon looks familiar but it is not associated with any apps that I have installed, so ....
  9. Milltownemike

Milltownemike New Member

hey i had the same problem as you... i deleted evernote, fx camera, and beatiful widgets pack 2 and it fixed it. good luck
  10. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

those are both hanscent icons, I had the same issue right after they updated the settings menu a few updates ago. I think it hast something to do with the unread message count display but I can't remember for sure. I looked through the settings myself and nothing jumped out. play with your handcent settings and hopefully you will stumble upon it. good luck
  11. wheelercub

wheelercub New Member

Any solution to this yet? I'm having the same exact problem and it's most likely a product of Handcent SMS as it appeared after I reinstalled it recently. Unfortunately unless I looked past it, it appears that there are no settings for the second white notification icon.
  12. johnlgalt

The third icon at the top of the pic in hte third post is wha the OP was referring to.

The other two are definitely Handcent and Stock messaging app icons - they look the same except for the fact that one is grey.

OK, so just to be sure, you're seeing that sunny envelope icon?

Or are you just seeing duplicated quot boxes, one gray and one whatever color you have set in Handcent?
  13. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member

lulz maybe the OP should find someone to send him better messages.
  14. CyberTech

CyberTech New Member

In order of appearance...
    Stock messaging, turn off notifications.
    Handcent SMS
    ChompSMS
  15. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

yeah natalie sounds like a hand full.....