• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help Mytouch slide

Robinelli

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
U.S.
I don't know what on Earth I've done to it LOL. I didn't initially use the Friend Stream. But.... I got bored today and synced it to my Facebook account. After I did that, it wouldn't let me text message anyone on my contact list!!! When I went to send texts, my facebook list came up and nothing else! And when I texted someone off of my facebook, it sent the text to the email they have listed on their facebook and NOT their mobile #.... WHAT HAPPENED????

I probably handled this the wrong way but I turned off the accessibility to facebook. Then I tried to text... still no success. So then I tried exporting my contacts to my SD card. That didn't work either... So then I tried importing the contacts back to my phone (V card???).... Well, the contacts ended up being DOUBLED now. So I went through and deleted the duplicates.... THEN I went to text and guess what? It worked. So maybe I in some roundabout way corrected the problem. But I'm confused what went wrong to begin with and if I should be concerned there is a problem with the phone or if that function is buggy. HELP!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones