• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help Setting custom notification (for all general notifications)

Jwillia23

Lurker
Mar 8, 2014
So I know how to transfer music to my files and i can set them as a specific contact or general ringtone... BUT I want to be able to get certain mp3 files to show up in the notifications so i can set a custom notification. Any way to do that? I've tried going to settings>sounds and doing it that way and I've going to the actual file itself and trying to 'set as' from there AND going to contacts and trying to custom from there... but still nothing. Seems limited a bit, is there an app that can make that happen? Or a better way of putting into a certain file when connected to the computer. I'm pretty savvy on finding the files etc. This one i'm not sure which folder to put it in!
Thanks for your time, It's greatly appreciated! :)

Reactions: april pizano
Have a look in internal storage for a folder called "Notifications". If it is not there then create the folder and copy your mp3 files into it. You may need to reboot to force a media scan and get the phone to realise the files are there.

Screenshots_2014-03-08-20-09-11.png

I expect there are other solutions, but this is simple and works for me.

Reactions: april pizano
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones