• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help With App Ops (Permissions) On JellyBean. Weird Problem.

karl32

Dec 7, 2013
I installed App Ops on my Note 3 JellyBean 4.3 (not rooted, and not interested in rooting) to control app permissions and it works well with some apps, but doesn't with other apps?

For example, the app Plex updated and now needs microphone access, and I don't need/want it to have microphone access, but I go into App Ops and Plex is there but there are no permissions to turn off? Why doesn't it have the permissions listed?

Facebook Messenger on the other hand has all of the permissions listed in App Ops and I can turn them on and off, so I know it works. It's not just Plex either, there are other apps that only have some permissions listed and some like Plex that have none at all for me to turn off? Is there any way to get every app to show and control all of the permissions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones