• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with hidden menu

Anniesig77

Lurker
Nov 13, 2023
I suspect my bf is being deceptive. I keep seeing my contact info with calls/texts (in call log) that I did not receive. The ones that you can click on are calls/texts to me. The others are not and you can't click on them. I suspect he is using Google messages with RCS and adding my name to group message wit whoever he's really messaging

You have texts in your call log? That's not something I've ever seen (and I've used every Android version since 2.1 apart from 6.0 which I skipped over). I guess this might be a carrier-specific software modification, or maybe something a particular manufacturer does, but it does make it harder to figure out what's happening.

But why would he be adding your name to an RCS chat with someone he doesn't want you to know you are chatting to? And if you have RCS you'd see the messages if he did that, whereas if you don't why would anything appear on your phone at all (unless the message app reverted to SMS, in which case you'd get the messages). Why do you think this is what's happening?
I want to move on but need proof to do so
No, you don't. If you want to move on that's enough.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones