• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with with getting ringtones to save

ddredd99

May 19, 2012
I am using the liquidsmooth ROM on my Samsung S3, and I am having trouble saving ringtones for individual contacts; it has never worked properly, and I just flashed the latest release, so it was not the file I used initially. It seems the ringtones never save after changing them in the contacts area, and always default to the system ringtone set in the sounds area. If I set the system default ringtone to none, then it rings silently, regardless of who is calling. There must be something very minor I am overlooking, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Can't help to much but where are you storing your ringtones? Since My devices are rooted I just replace the system ringtones with my own. I never had a problem setting individual ringtones this way. I started doing this because in the past if someone called me while my phone was hooked up to the computer then It would give me the default ringtone and I would have to manually reset the ringtone for the individual again. However switching them over to the system folder was just the fix I needed.

Upvote 0
Can't help to much but where are you storing your ringtones? Since My devices are rooted I just replace the system ringtones with my own. I never had a problem setting individual ringtones this way. I started doing this because in the past if someone called me while my phone was hooked up to the computer then It would give me the default ringtone and I would have to manually reset the ringtone for the individual again. However switching them over to the system folder was just the fix I needed.

I am now storing them in the system folder as you mentioned, and deleted all other copies. I rebooted and found them in the folder, and deleted one of them as a ringtone, but it still defaulted to the system ringtone selected. I tried changing them to an .ogg file, as I am almost out of ideas, and no change. Maybe I need to do a fresh system wipe and reload the whole thing, not sure, or maybe select a different ROM and try that? I hear Cyanogenmod is a good one. Anyone else, throw a suggestion that I might try my way, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones