• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need to back up settings asap

klear6

Nov 3, 2015
I jus got my new htc one m9. I noticed it was getting really hot before i even did anything to alter it, but I figured I'd better set it up and see what happens. It was certified preowned which may or may not have to do with any of the problems I have experienced. So far it has failed to communicate with 2 computers over usb. It crashed really hard one time and I had to look online how to get it breathing again by holding down power and volume up for about 30 secs. It is not rooted and given the persistence of these problems I am trading it in tomorrow at tmobile. The thing will not connect to backup my settings. It gets to 38% each time and just stops. Then the notification just vanishes. Dale last backed up: Never. So I need to backup my settings somehow so that when I get a new one I can load them and not have to spend another day setting it up. Someone please help before it's too late.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones