• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Need to improve my webview app

yandu

Lurker
Jun 2, 2018
I have a webview app that loads fine. But I want to make it behave like a real app. These are the faults I am facing:

* It only shows a loading icon only when you launch the app. Any other link you click while the site had finished loading for the first time does not show any loading icon. I want to fix that so that it shows the round circle stuff so users know that what they clicked on is responding.

* The website I am using displays slideup ads, so when these slide up ads come up and the user clicks on it, it just disappears like they didn't click on anything. I want it to ask them to choose a browser or open the ad inside the app. OR. Do you suggest it remove it and try Google Ads? I don't have Adsense account..so, put that into consideration while advising...

* I also discovered that when users log out and open the app again, they are asked to put in their login details again. Like they never used the app, if cookies are the solution to this, how can I put them? How can I make the app use cookies to save users login data?

* When users try to upload a profile picture it does nothing, I don't know if it is a PERMISSION problem because I only asked for INTERNET permission in the Manifest file.

* I want some options that work (about the app, exit(Yes/ No), log out)when they press and hold the back button.

* I also discovered that if the user is not connected (internet) the app shows the "page not found" as it would have shown on a browser. Displaying the web address, this will show some smart ones a soft belly. They will know that I am feeding on the site, but I want them to have the impression that it is an app.- I want it to show a prompt (that advices the user to turn ON their internet) and not respond to any click when there is no active connection. I honestly got this inspiration from FB Lite, if you used it before you will get the picture.

I don't know if this is too much to ask, especially the last one. But any support to an extent would be really appreciated.

Thanks, guys.

Still waiting for the requested code (if you have any), to put your questions in context, and give someone a chance to answer some of them.

And btw, if all your app does is function as a container for a webview, then what's the point in making the app? Wouldn't it be better just to use the web browser?

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones