• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need to sync calendar on work computer (outlook 2007) to Android tablet

I get the idea that I have to have a Google account, so I can access Google Calendar. So, I have that.

My work computer is a Win7 machine, with kind of a lot of security around it. If I could get an app on it that reads my Outlook calendar, copies all that over to Google calendar on the PC, then my problems would be over. I've already proven taht if I put an appt on my Google Calendar on the PC, then it shows up immediately on the 'droid device.

Google Sync no longer exists. The replacement, according to Google seems to be "CardDAV" but all the help online for that app points to it being an Outlook-to-IOS syncer.

I've love to sync from "desktop outlook calendar" to the 'droid via USB but the apps available to do that get really poor user reviews and cost dollars. I'm not likin' the idea of paying for something with poor reviews.

I THOUGHT this would be the easy part of having a 'droid!

BTW, droid device is Google Nexus 7 with OS 4.2

MyPhoneExplorer - that's as long as you're allowed to install some SW on your work computer. ... FJ Software Development ... client on the PC and app on the phone.

And ... FJ Software :: Forum anzeigen - English section ... for the English speaking forums. Syncs calendar, contacts, tasks and notes. I use it to sync to my 'Google' account on the phone - but have 'Google sync' turned off so I don't have my details in the cloud. Just work out which 'account' on the phone you are syncing with it as you can choose any of them. Plus then you have to set your calendar, for example, to show 'that' account. Easy to get confused and assume things aren't working for a 'newbie' ...

Oh, just to add, you can connect via BT, USB or, more conveniently, wifi.

You don't even need a Google calendar - just use this ... Calendar Manager | IT & EDV Dienstleistungen ...

HTH

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones