• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Netflix working on my Streak 7

grayman

May 23, 2011
I used the apk from this link: Netflix Streaming - Getting Closer? - xda-developers

It is the apk for the new Honeycomb tablet version of Netflix, but it is up and running on my stock, unrooted Streak.

You will need to uninstall any other Netflix apks you have on your Streak and enable sideloading of apps. I had one minor hiccup where it didn't work on my first installation attempt, but on the second attempt, it went right through and installed.

I was able to access my account and stream a television episode. There were some funky lights in the black bar under the actual show, but the audio and video of the stream were fine.

Just thought I would share for anyone else who is trying to get Netflix to work on a Streak.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones